The 28th Annual BioInterface Workshop & Symposium will be held at the St. Julien Hotel in Boulder, Colorado on October 1-3, 2018. The foothills of the Rocky Mountains is the perfect location for one of the best technical and most stimulating events in the field of biomaterials science in 2018!
During our event you will be enriched by the science and the high quality of interaction that is fostered by the unique blend of industry, academic, regulatory and clinical attendees. The moderate size of the event allows you to connect, share and learn by mingling with your fellow attendees and event sponsors.
2018 BioInterface Program Schedule
- Full Day Workshop, October 1, on 3D Printing in Medical Devices
- KEYNOTE on October 1 by Jeff Karp, Brigham and Women's Health Hospital Medical School
"Tools for Accelerated Medical Innovation"
- Seven Technical Sessions:
- Surface Functionalization and Thin Film Coatings
- Neurological Devices
- Adhesion of Soft Tissues
- Point Counterpoint Session
- Metallic Devices
- Bioresorbable Materials
- Tissue Engineering and Regenerative Therapies
- Excellence in Surface Science Award Presentation
- BioInterface Speaker: Larry Gold: "The Confluence of Engineering and Health Monitoring."
- Student Town Hall Meeting & Poster Contest
- Exhibit Hall
- Multiple networking receptions
Photo Courtesy of The Boulder Convention and Visitors Bureau
Location & Lodging
St. Julien Hotel
900 Walnut Street
Boulder, CO 80302
- Website: www.stjulien.com
- Make your reservation by calling the Reservations Department at 1-877-303-0900. Make sure to ask for the BioInterface Symposium rate in order to receive the special discounted rate.
St. Julien Hotel is a luxury hotel located in the heart of downtown Boulder.
Biking and hiking is available on the Boulder Creek Path, just across the street from the St. Julien, in addition to other recreational opportunities. Pearl Street Mall is Boulder's famed pedestrian shopping and dining district and located within walking distance.
Visit Boulder during your stay.
Click here to download history and walking map.
Click here for the top ten activities in Boulder.
The Denver International Airport (DIA) is only 45 minutes from Boulder. Valet or self-parking is available. Click Here for Parking Garage Fees. Uber is available, as well as shuttle service by Green Ride Boulder. RTD Bus Route also is easy and will take you from DIA to the Downtown Boulder Station only four blocks from St. Julien. Click here for the Sunday RTD Schedule.
(September 1, 2018)
2018 Program Committee
|Tim Becker, Northern Arizona University
||Roy Biran, W.L. Gore & Associates
|Chander Chawla, DSM
||Joe Chinn, J Chinn LLC
||Angela DiCiccio, Verily Life Sciences
|Rob Diller, Axolotl Biologix
||Dan Gostovic, Thermo Fischer Scientific
||Daniel Higgs, ALD Nano Solutions
|Chris Jenney, Abbott
||Mallika Kamarjugadda, Medtronic, plc
||Courtney Kay, Elkem
|Rob Kellar, Development Engineering Sciences, LLC
||Renee Klein, Pace Analytical Life Sciences
||Norman Munroe, Florida International University
|Terry Steele, Nanyang Technological University
||Bill Theilacker, Medtronic, plc
||Lijun Zou, W.L. Gore & Associates|